Safe-T Secure Applications Access
With your Existing VPN:
Safe-T Secure Application Acess:
With your Existing VPN:
USE SAFE-T SDP SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH YOUR EXISTING VPN
Your Challenge – As your environment evolves, you need to be able to provide low-friction access to your different user groups. But providing streamlined access to outsiders, such as third party contractors and remote employees comes with risk. Today, Zero Trust must become the new standard, wherein no one and nothing is trusted by default.
But many organizations are rightfully reluctant to dismantle their VPN in favor of SDP only for the external users. Undoing years of work is a costly, time consuming and disruptive move. Many organizations simply want a more secure way to authenticate higher-risk user groups—but not all user groups—while retaining the benefits of their VPN.
THE SAFE-T SOLUTION
With Safe-T Secure Application Access, you can continue using your existing VPN for your internal users while implementing SDP for your third party contractors. Using SDP side-by-side your VPN allows those contractors to access applications and services only after trust has been verified. Deploying SDP side-by-side your VPN offers a customized and scalable Zero Trust solution—with all the benefits of SDP for higher risk groups.
As can be seen in in the figure below, the Safe-T Secure Application Access solution is composed of three servers. The solution is deployed in multiple tiers within the organization and cloud:
- Cloud tier – includes the Authentication Gateway which is deployed on-premises or in a cloud location (Amazon, Azure, etc)
- DMZ tier – includes the Access Gateway
- Lan tier – includes the Access Controller which connects to the organization’s backend applications, storages and authentication services (IDP, IAM, etc), and Safe-T Telepath UBA
- No need to rip your VPN.
- Saves IT teams the headache and hassle that come along with changing existing VPN architectures.
- No behavior changes to your internal users—continue using your VPN client.
- No need to remove/change existing network and security components.
- Authenticates users before granting access, with almost zero network change.
- Dynamic, on-demand application access according to user role/permission.
- Takes your users off the network and close firewall ports for enhanced security.