As the world becomes much more digital and global, organizations are opening up their network and internal applications to the outside world (e.g. business partners, 3rd party vendors, IT outsourcing providers), much more than in the past.
The common methods of integration with business partners, include providing S/FTP access, VPN and SSL VPN access, reverse-proxy access, RDP, etc. But with great cooperation and openness to the world, comes a high level of risk. The common access options, have benefits but also major faults:
Safe-T Secure Data Access (SDA) introduces an evolution in the way organizations grant secure external access to their services. Built on SDA’s disruptive and breakthrough secure reverse-access technology as well as the Safe-T’s Integrated Data Security Platform, it offers true secure access for partners to internal applications and machines.
Deploying SDA for partner access provides the following capabilities:
- Robust partner authentication options (3rd party IAM solutions, Microsoft Active Directory, SAML, Kerberos, OTP, etc)
- Allow partners to access data, services, networks, and APIs
- Remove the need to distribute VPN certificates to partners
- Perform SSL decryption in a secure zone, and remove any SSL keys from the DMZ
- Scan any incoming traffic using the organization’s security solutions
- Hide DMZ components which can be hacked and utilized to access the network
- Remove the need to open ports in the firewall, thus preventing port and OS scanning attack vectors
- Provide only direct application/service access, blocking any network access
- Support a variety of applications – HTTP/S, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, APIs, RDP