Protects Data across Premise and Hybrid Cloud Environments to Solve Trusted Access Challenge
Safe-T®, a leading provider of software-defined access solutions for the hybrid cloud, is taking the software-defined perimeter (SDP) to the next step with the launch of its Software-Defined Access solution. The new offering — which is built from Safe-T’s Secure Data Access (SDA) and Secure Data Exchange (SDE) — reduces cyber-attacks by masking mission-critical data at the perimeter, limiting access to authorized and intended entities, on premise or in the cloud.
With cyber attacks growing in number and sophistication, enterprise applications, services and sensitive data are constantly at risk of being compromised. SDPs emerged in the last few years to address shortcomings of fixed perimeter technologies. Safe-T’s Software-Defined Access advances SDPs, delivering these benefits:
- Access to visibility and availability of applications, services and networks only after assessing trust based on policies for authorized user, device, location and application
- Seamless user experience with secured data and controlled usage across multi-premise, hybrid cloud environments
- Protection and control of data access and usage by separating the access layer from the authentication layer, and segmenting internal networks
- Reduction of costs through simplification, operational efficiency and future proofing technology
According to the Gartner report “It’s Time to Isolate Your Services from the Internet Cesspool”, published on September 30, 2016 by analysts Steve Riley, Neil MacDonald and Greg Young, “More than 98% of external attacks on enterprises occur over the public internet. Services brought within the isolation zone are no longer visible on the public internet and thus shielded from attackers. Isolation reduces the attack surface area to nearly zero. Gartner estimates that organizations who isolate digital business services will experience a 70% reduction in attacks that compromise these services.”
In the same Gartner report, the analysts recommend that: “Security and risk management leaders should: Favor software-defined perimeters (SDP) and other isolation technologies capable of precise, context-based, application-level access only after successful authentication; Look for products or services that can expand identity from one to two factors and then beyond with contextual and adaptive access controls.”
“As executives know all too well, hacks and breaches take a massive human and economic toll,” said Safe-T CEO Shachar Daniel. “Safe-T’s Software Defined Access is a unique and essential solution which ensures that our customers’ sensitive data is available to only the right people by making data virtually invisible to attackers. This delivers immediate ROI by reducing both capital and operational expenditures, leading enterprises to focus on growing their business rather than deflecting future attacks.”
Safe-T Software-Defined Access Details
Safe-T Software-Defined Access is built on the company’s patented reverse-access technology platform, which reduces attack surface with capabilities such as:
- Controls the entire application access life cycle including access, usage, and monitoring
- A robust firewall with no open ports required for access
- Supports applications including HTTP/S, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, APIs, RDH5, WebDAV
- Defines new access rules on-demand and allows client-less access to data, services, networks and APIs.
- Removes the need for VPN and hides DMZ components which can be hacked
The technology surpasses current authentication and encryption strategies by unifying and streamlining all systems while consolidating data exchange and connectivity. Use cases include:
- Anonymous Application Access – Easily and securely offer new file upload services for applications, customers and anonymous users.
- Secure Application Access – Provide secure, controlled and transparent access and usage for all entities to internal applications and files
- Secure File and Email Access – Control access and secure the exchange of any type and size of file between people, applications, cloud solutions, and businesses.
- Cloud Storage Access – Control and monitor all data uploaded and downloaded from the enterprise to/from cloud storages
- Secure Hybrid Cloud Access -Simplify migration to the hybrid-cloud architectures, by securely and transparently connecting the cloud to the on-premise
Safe-T Software-Defined Access is immediately available. For more information on Safe-T, please visit: https://www.safe-t.com/
 Demilitarized zone