Many law firms view data-security as an afterthought or an overhead expense to be minimized. Furthermore, lawyers are often averse to the inconveniences of security measures like PGP secure Email, which often interrupt workflow and stifle productivity. Still, in the legal industry, a fortified data-security suite can be a powerful differentiator and a competitive advantage.
Law Firms are entrusted to handle an enormous amount of sensitive information, ranging from enterprise financials to contracts and intellectual property, as well as previous and current legal cases. In a treacherous environment of competition and cybercrime, data vulnerability is a viable threat, thus it is absolutely imperative that law firms take the proper steps to ensure that all client data is stored appropriately, while also having the capability to access and exchange it securely per need.
Security goals of law firms:
- Enhanced support for clients, partners and agencies:
Maintaining a secured data exchange between the law firms, its personnel, clients as well as collaborative agencies is of utmost importance, as it is of high confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Data rooms for clients:
Many law firms also perform due diligence for companies or create prospectuses for companies, which require uploading sensitive data to the law firms’ data room or digital data vault.
- High security for all data:
All data exchanged or accessed such as enterprise financials, contracts, intellectual property, strategic memos and documentation, and other client legal information must be secured appropriately to avoid inappropriate access.
- Regulatory compliance:
Maintaining all documentation and security protocols follow regulatory compliance is a requirement as well as a duty to the law firms’ clients.
- Ongoing monitoring of all data exchange:
All legal documentation exchanged and accessed is continuously monitored, as to ensure it is secure, as well as keep an eye on who is accessing and sharing such sensitive data, thus avoiding improper data use.
“It is our law firm’s duty to keep all documents and legal data secured, for it is our responsibility to the client and is the process of ethical and good service.”
Law firms gained advantages with Safe-T:
- All law firms’ clients and collaborators are supported and secured.
- Ensure clients’ data is not leaked or exposed
- Decreased in-house development and operational costs with Safe-T covering all access points and data applications.
- All documentation owned, accessed and exchanged is secured end-to-end with a 256-bit level encryption.
- Intuitive security solution makes it easy for all involved to utilize day-to-day without the need to avoid their daily operations.
High-risk Data Security (HDS) Solution from Safe-T:
- Law firms are secured by the Safe-T Secured Data Exchange (SDE) broker for in-and-out data exchange.
- Data access is secured into legal applications, protecting data and preventing criminal application access with Safe-T Secure Data Access (SDA) solution.